Lučki forum

Dolphins Game Jerseys

Nešto prodajete, kupujete, poklanjate ili samo tražite. Objavite to ovdje...

Moderatori: dhrzina, Općina Luka

Dolphins Game Jerseys

PostPostao/la linchao » Pet lis 12, 2018 4:07 am

Add LSU's Danny Etling to the list of quarterbacks drafted by the New England Patriots since they took Tom Brady 18 years ago.

As a seventh-round pick Dolphins Game Jerseys , odds favor him joining the previous eight who didn't replace the franchise icon set to turn 41 this summer.

Still, director of player personnel Nick Caserio figured there was a decent chance the Patriots would add someone to Brady's room during a busy draft that featured nine picks and 10 trades over three days a year after New England made just four selections.

"We knew we were going to add to a quarterback to our team at some point," Caserio said after the draft ended Saturday. "We think Danny has some decent traits and decent qualities to work with."

New England used the draft's final day to fill a handful of needs on both sides of the ball and gained three picks for next season, including a third-rounder from Detroit. As of the draft's conclusion, New England holds 12 picks for 2019.

"Busy weekend and a lot of effort from a lot of people," Caserio said. "This is not a one-man show. This is a team effort and embodies what this program is about ... putting the team first and doing your job."

After making six trades during the first four rounds, the Patriots addressed the linebacker spot with their first two picks Saturday. New England took Purdue's Ja'Whaun Bentley with the 143rd overall pick in the fifth round and Arizona State's Christian Sam in the sixth (No. 178).

The Patriots then shifted to offense, taking Miami slot wide receiver Braxton Berrios at No. 210 in the sixth following by Etling with the 219th choice. New England also took Western Carolina defensive back Keion Crossen (No. 243) and Florida State tight end Ryan Izzo (No. 250) in the seventh round.

Etling will join Brady and backup Brian Hoyer on the depth chart after throwing for 2,463 yards, 16 touchdowns and two interceptions last season.

"I don't have any expectations other than going in and learning as much information as you can and preparing for your chance when it comes," Etling said. "You just want to watch a guy who's so great and know how he does it."

Etling spent his freshman and sophomore years at Purdue and was a teammate and close friend of Bentley.

Here are some other things to know about the Patriots' draft:

ANOTHER BOILERMAKER: A three-time captain at Purdue, Bentley follows a line of Purdue linebackers under coach Bill Belichick. Rosevelt Colvin played in New England for six seasons (2003-08) and Rob Ninkovich retired before the start of training camp last year after eight seasons.

REPUTATION DEFENDER: Sam tried to discount an NFL profile that suggested he doesn't like to practice.

"Everyone has their own opinion and it's something I can't control, but I felt that wasn't true," Sam said. "I'm a guy who takes pride in practice because I know how big it is to prepare so you can play at a high level."

The Texas native played cornerback until his junior year of high school and was a special teams player for the Sun Devils.

IN THE SLOT: The loss of receiver Danny Amendola to AFC East-rival Miami goes beyond the departure of one of Brady's most-trusted targets. It also created the need for a punt returner that was addressed with the drafting of Berrios. In four years at Miami, Berrios averaged 10.4 yards on punt returns.

"I absolutely love it. There's something about it that gives you an adrenaline rush," the 5-9, 183-pound Berrios said.

STILL NEED: Etling will compete for a roster spot, yet it would appear the Patriots are comfortable with the idea of finding Brady's potential replacement next year, especially with two second-round picks and three third-rounders. Even with the additions of Bentley and Sam, New England figures to remain active for linebacker help.

Whether or not Earl Thomas should have raised his middle finger in the direction of his team’s sideline, this much is clear: His broken leg amid an ongoing flap with the Seattle Seahawks illustrates why the lack of guaranteed contracts is such a problem for NFL players.

This is exactly what Thomas was worried about when he sat out training camp. And when he skipped practices after the season started.

There are, of course, all manner of injuries in each and every game Chicago Bears Jerseys Womens , each and every week, around the violent-by-design league.

Often, they involve stars — such as Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who left New England’s 38-7 win over Miami with an injured right ankle. Often, they are gruesome — such as what happened to Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert’s lower right leg in Cincinnati’s 37-36 victory at Atlanta, leaving him covering his face with interlocking fingers as he was driven to the locker room.

So this given Sunday was no different from any other, really. Thomas’ particular case, though, seemed to resonate — yes, because of his flipping reaction, but also — because he has been so public about his concerns about health and finances.

He’s in the final year of his deal and repeatedly has spoken about wanting the extra security of a fresh contract.

“I need to make sure my body is 100 (percent),” Thomas said a week ago, “and I’m invested in myself.”

Prescient sentiment. In the fourth quarter of Seattle’s 20-17 victory at the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, Thomas’s left leg was fractured while he tried to defend against what became a 22-yard touchdown pass. As the six-time Pro Bowl safety was driven away on a cart along Arizona’s sideline, his leg in an air cast, he looked across the field, lifted his right hand and made his anger clear.

It elicited a ton of reaction on Twitter, including this nugget from Thomas’ former Seahawks teammate Cliff Avril: “Exactly why guys want extensions.”

In case you missed it, here are other top topics after the NFL season’s fourth Sunday:

ROUGHING THE PASSER

Yes, Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was credited with half a sack while helping take down Bills QB Josh Allen in the second quarter as Green Bay beat Buffalo 22-0 . And, lo and behold, Matthews did not get flagged for roughing the passer — the first game this season that he did not get whistled for it. All in all, the uproar caused by the focus on that particular penalty seemed to have an effect Antonio Callaway Color Rush Jersey , because after an average of more than 10 roughing calls per week through Week 3, there were only five entering the Monday night game. Then again, one of Sunday’s was pretty hard to believe: when Oakland’s Arden Key barely touched Cleveland QB Baker Mayfield.

NOT TAKING A KNEE

Hey, maybe Jaguars coach Doug Marrone was worried that the Jets would return a kickoff for a touchdown, then line up and go for 14? Hard to figure out what else would motivate him to go for a 2-point conversion after a TD put his team ahead 31-12 with 25 seconds left — unless, of course, Marrone just wanted to rub it in a bit against a club that passed him over for its top job. Jets defensive lineman Leonard Williams called it “really disrespectful.” Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson’s take? “He doesn’t like those guys. I don’t know what they did to him, but he doesn’t like them.” And Marrone’s explanation? “On the chart,” he said, “it says go for two.”

YOUNG RUNNERS

Don’t bother with a running game, they say. Never draft a tailback too high, they insist. Maybe they’re right, but there is a young crop of runners who are looking fantastic right now. There’s second-year back Alvin Kamara, who scored three second-half TDs and finished with 134 yards on the ground in the Saints’ 33-18 victory at the New York Giants, whose rookie Saquon Barkley looks pretty talented, too. Rookie Sony Michel ran for 112 yards and his first NFL TD for the Patriots, while his college teammate at Georgia, Nick Chubb, needed all of three carries to gain 105 yards and score twice for Cleveland in its 45-42 OT loss at Oakland. Yet another rookie, Kerryon Johnson, bulled through defenders while producing 55 yards and a TD for Detroit, which was beaten 26-24 by Dallas.
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
linchao

Vrati se na: Oglasi